With advantages of many beautiful orchards, mountains, rivers, lakes..., the target of Binh Duong province in the coming time is to focus on ecotourism development. To learn more about the plan for tourism development in 2018 and following years, Binh Duong Newspaper had a talk with Nguyen Khoa Hai, Deputy Director of Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
- Dear sir, Binh Duong has the potential to develop ecotourism with forests, lakes, rivers, orchards ... but in your opinion, why the exploitation has not been effective as expected?
- Binh Duong has many potential for nature to develop ecological tourism such as forests, lakes, rivers, orchards. Specifically, the forest system of Binh Duong province in north province plays an important role in environmental protection (Cau mountain protection forest) and stability (Kien An forest); There are also reservoirs such as Dau Tieng reservoir, Than Tho reservoir, Can Nom reservoir, Da Ban reservoir, Phuoc Hoa reservoir are capable of developing resorts, amusement and recreation areas for water, sports activities. The system of rivers such as Sai Gon, Dong Nai, Thi Thiet, as well as the canals have created the potential for tourism development thanks to the landscape system of water along orchards, such as Lai Thieu fruit orchards (Thuan An Township); Thanh Tuyen orchard (Dau Tieng); Bach Dang pomelo garden (Tan Uyen town); Orange, tangerine (Northern Tan Uyen) is capable of developing various types of forest ecological tourism, like lake, river, orchard, river tours that create green spaces between an industrial and urban area.
Tourists visit Dau Tieng reservoir.
Natural forests, beautiful rivers and lakes, but the exploitation of ecotourism is still limited. The main reason is that transport links in the areas, tourist sites are not well invested so travel companies are very difficult to connect and create tours and routes to serve tourists.
- Binh Duong has a lot of specialties, handicraft items could be developed as tourism products, but why these have not been put in tourist destinations, sir?
- Binh Duong has famous traditional villages not only in the province but also in the South East, can be considered as one of the advantages of Binh Duong such as Tuong Binh Hiep village (TDM City); Tan Phuoc Khanh ceramic village (Tan Uyen town); Hung Dinh pottery village (Thuan An town); wood sculpture (Phu Tho, Thu Dau Mot); Leaf and bamboo weaving village (Tan Uyen town). Traditional handicraft associated with tourism development is the right direction, contributing to preserving and promoting traditional cultural identities. Traditional craft villages are also places for visitors to visit and shopping, such as: Minh Sang Plaza, Dai Hung, Tan Phuoc Khanh pottery or Dinh Hoa lacquer, Lac Long lacquer ... However, the connection to take visitors to traditional handicraft villages are still limited.
In my opinions, visitors coming to tourist sites in the province often go back in the same day, so shopping needs of tourists are very few, so the tourist attractions are not interested in selling products. When we have good transport infrastructure, travel companies boldly invest in hotels and resorts, tourists will enjoy overnight stays, shopping needs will increase, tourist sites will bring products into tours to serve customers.
- Dear sir, in 2017, Binh Duong launched a river tour route connecting Ho Chi Minh City - Binh Duong, so how does this activity happen?
- In order to carry out the connection of tours, routes of land and waterways with tour operators in and outside of the province to bring more tourists to Binh Duong, in September 2017, Binh Duong cooperated with Saigontourist open the first waterway tour from Tan Cang (Ho Chi Minh City) to Bach Dang wharf (Thu Dau Mot City) to serve tourists visiting the ancient house of Tran Van Ho, Thu Dau Mot market, Thien Hau Pagoda and Hoi Khanh Pagoda. This is one of the seven river routes operated by Saigontourist with the purpose of connecting and cooperating to develop river tours on Saigon River to attract tourists to Binh Duong, especially international tourists. Results from October 2017 to April 7, 2018, Saigontourist organized 18 river tours with hundreds of visitors to Binh Duong, mainly international visitors.
In 2018 and the following years, Binh Duong tourism sector will continue to strengthen the propaganda and promotion of tourism, introduction of tourist sites, scenic relics, traditional villages... to domestic and foreign tourists. The sector will boost tourism development, effectively exploit geographic advantages, tourism potential; Continue to cooperate with Saigontourist to exploit and develop Sai Gon River tourist routes; To exploit well the existing tourist sites as well as historical and cultural relics, ecological gardens and traditional craft villages in order to diversify tourist forms and products; Improving service quality for tourism development, such as: travel services, tourist transport services, accommodation services, shopping services ... Binh Duong will also encourage socialization, mobilize all resources to bring into full play the potential and advantages for tourism development.
- Thank you Sir!
Reported by Thien Ly – Translated by Ngoc Huynh