(TITC) - On September 7, Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism launched a plan for tourism recovery and demand stimulus.
Accordingly, the tourism industry will push media campaigns with main messages of “Vietnamese people travel in Vietnam” and “Vietnam - a safe and attractive destination”. At the same time, Vietnam tourism will focus on pilot plan of welcoming international tourists to Phu Quoc Island (in Kien Giang Province) and gradually expanding the reopening to other destinations such as Ha Long (Quang Ninh Province), Hoi An (Quang Nam Province), Nha Trang (Khanh Hoa Province), and Da Lat (Lam Dong Province), etc.
Ensuring safety is identified a first prioritized mission. It includes 3 key factors: vaccination for tourism labour force and local community; ensuring safety for tourist establishments and destinations; travel facilitation for domestic and international tourists with vaccination certificates.
The plan clearly defines digital transformation and technology application as a significant solution to ensure safe tourism for destinations, service providers and tourists. The Vietnam National Administration of Tourism has developed essential digital platforms as Vietnam Safe Travel application for tourists; the COVID-19 safety declaration system (https://safe.tourism.com.vn/) for tourism service establishments and the COVID-19 vaccination certificate system (https://travelpass.tourism.vn/).
In addition, another important solution is tourism product development to adapt the changing demand of the market, focusing on developing night tourism products and service, culinary tourism, agri-tourism, eco-tourism, golf tourism, wellness tourism... The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism also encourages tourism businesses to improve the efficiency of cooperation to form product and service chains.
After the tourism recovery plan was approved by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, many localities have actively been pushing tourism reopening to tourists:
- Vinh Phuc Province: From September 13, the province has reopened a number of activities at tourist attractions and areas, golf courses, physical training and sports facilities for intra-provincial people, but not exceeding 50% of capacity.
- Ba Ria - Vung Tau Province: From September 15, domestic tourists can take a package tour to some all-inclusive tourist establishments in the "green zone" of 4 districts of Con Dao, Xuyen Moc, Chau Duc and Dat Do.
- Can Gio District (Ho Chi Minh City): From September 19 until the end of September, the district has officially piloted package tours to war zone relic of Rung Sac, tourist area of Dan Xay, Vam Sat Tourist Area and Phuong Nam Pearl Tourist Area.
- Quang Ninh Province: The cities of Ha Long, Mong Cai, Uong Bi and Cam Pha from September 20-21 have also reopened a number of tourism activities to intra-provincial visitors. It is expected that in November and December, Quang Ninh will deploy domestic tourism stimulus and welcome international tourists.
- Khanh Hoa Province: The province is expected to restart domestic tourism activities in “green zone” for local people from mid-October, and for people fully vaccinated from neighboring provinces such as Phu Yen, Lam Dong, Binh Thuan... At the same time, the province is proposing to reopen for international tourists with "vaccine passports".
- Quang Nam Province: The locality is planning to welcome domestic tourists from provinces and cities that have controlled the Covid-19 pandemic and fully vaccinated tourists to visit Hoi An Ancient Town and My Son Sanctuary. The province is also planning to propose the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the Government to allow the reopening to international visitors.
Tourism Information Technology Center